Sunday, November 23, 2008



This is the female bird. Smaller in size.



This is the male birds




The same breeding pair.




This cage house a pair of Double Yellow Amazon. The one in front of the feed bowl is the male one. Guess where is the female one ? The female one is presently in the nest box. It laid an egg either on Nov 2 or 3. My colleague call me about the good news on Nov 3. When I came back from my oversea trip on Nov 12, I peek inside the nest box. There is only an egg in sight. My friend used to tell me that amazon parrot usually have two to three egg at one time. By Nov 30, the baby bird should be hatch . I am keeping my finger cross.

This pair belong to my friend. Presently he breed the largest number of parrotlet in Singapore. I will try to interview him and post his breeding collection up in my blog if I got the chance to do it. I used to kept this pair in my house compound for a few months. The sound they create and call irritate my neighbour so much that they complain to me. I was annoy by my neighbour complain and I reply that he also have two dogs that bark and also smelly. In the end I also cannot stand the vocal sound that they call non stop for a few hours, so I had them transfer it to my wharehouse.

He had the pair for about eight years and they had laid egg for about 3 time without any success. I told him that I am interested in breeding amazon parrots and he immediately ask me to bring it back with me. Will post more picture at a later date. The male one is call Sugar while the female is call Honey.

No comments: